Level 1 Registration Information: Click Here
Additional Day 1 Information: Click Here
AUGUST 2019 DEFENSIVE HANDGUN CLASSES
Basic Defensive Handgun – Friday, September 13th and Saturday, September 14th, 2019 –4pm to8pm Cost $50.00
Basic Defensive Handgun – Friday, September 20th and Saturday, September 21st, 2019 –4pm to8pm Cost $50.00
All attendees must have a completed RRRMC liability
waiver on file.
Class pre-requisites: Basic
Defensive Handgun – No class pre-requisites, however, a basic knowledge
of your firearm is advisable.
- A good quality handgun, semi-automatic or
revolver, mid or full size. No subcompacts.
- Calibers: .380, 9mm, 40S&W, 45,
- Holster: Kydex holsters are preferred and should
be designed to fit your specific handgun. Leather holsters are allowed as long
as they are rigid leather and do not collapse after the handgun is drawn.
Holsters are to be worn at belt level on the firing hand side. No thigh rigs,
IWB, cross draw, or any holster with a manual or mechanical release. (ie:
Blackhawk Serpa, etc.) If the release can be disabled, it can be used.
- Magazine Pouches: 1 double or 2 singles worn on
the support hand side at belt height.
- Magazines: 3 magazines recommended.
- Electronic hearing protection in order to hear
- Safety glasses or prescription glasses with side
shields. (To protect from hot brass contacting your eyes).
- Shirts must be worn, preferably crew neck
t-shirts or closed front shirts. (Hot brass seems to be attracted to low cut
- Comfortable shoes. (You will be standing a lot
on a concrete floor)
- 100 rounds of ammunition.
Class pre-requisites: Level 1 Defensive Handgun – Completion
of the Basic Defensive Handgun class. Those people who took our initial Defensive
Handgun class in May will be allowed to attend this course in preparation for
the Level 2 course being offered later this year.
Same equipment requirements: 250
rounds of ammunition.
NOTICE: Those people who paid for the class in May and were
not able to attend, or only attended a portion of the class, will be able to
take both Basic and Level 1 at no charge.