Red River Regional Marksmanship Center is hosting a complementary (free) Handgun Fun Shoot Match and Pizza Night open to all Law Enforcement Officers – Active and Retired, on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 6:30.
This Law Enforcement Officer only event will begin with pizza and soft drinks in the large conference room at 6:30 PM followed by 30 minutes of “Open Shooting” at the indoor Handgun Range. The Match will begin following Open Shooting, with additional Open Shooting following completion of the Match.
The Match will consist of two-person teams or individual shooters. Pre-register as a team or individual shooters can form a two-person team prior to the start of the Match.
Course of fire will be standing, with 10 shots at each distance of 10 feet, 20 feet and 50 feet, 30 shots total for the match. Each 10 shot Relay has a 2-minute limit.
There are two Divisions and shooters/teams can participate in one or both of the following Divisions.
DIVISION 1 .22 RIMFIRE HANDGUN
Any legal .22 Rimfire Handgun that falls within RRRMC Guidelines are allowed. Open sights, Red Dot Optics, Lasers and Scopes are allowed.
DIVISION 2 Center Fire Handgun
Any legal Center Fire Handgun that falls within RRRMC Guidelines are allowed. Open sight, Red Dot Optics, Lasers and Scopes are allowed.
How to Pre-Register: Deadline is Dec 10
Go to the Range web site rrrmc.com. On the tool bar under CLASSES/LEAGUES, click on LEO Registration Form. Complete the registration form, follow the link to LIABILITY WAIVER and complete that form as well. That’s it!
ALL RRRMC SAFETY RULES AND CODES OF CONDUCT APPLY TO ALL EVENTS
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC RULES MAY ALSO APPLY
- All Participants must have a current RRRMC liability waiver on file.
- No drawing from holsters. Unloaded guns will be placed on station shooting shelf, muzzle downrange. Upon load and make ready command, guns will be loaded and shooter prepares to shoot. A shoot command will be given and shooting then begins. After 2 minutes a cease fire command will be given. All shooting must immediately stop. Make guns safe and lay on shooting shelf muzzle downrange.
- Revolvers and other guns which have less than 10 round capacity may be reloaded at will once shooting command is given.
- 10 shots per target only. Any additional sots will be deducted at highest possible value from score.
- Best edge scoring will be used; if you just hit outside edge of the 10 ring you will be awarded 10 points.
- If there is a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place there is a tie breaker rule. Shooter with the smallest group on the last target (measured center to center) will win the tie.
- Targets used will be NRA Official Competition, 25 yd. slow-fire pistol target B-16.
- In the case of a malfunction, the competitor may change guns with permission of the RSO.
ALL RRRMC SHOOTING RULES WILL APPLY DURING LEAGUE MATCHES
Fill out registration and waiver here.